Below is a podcast that I found on the http://www.wrestleutah.com website so I thought I would share it here.
I can’t stress enough the importance of mental attitude and preparation when it comes to wrestling. I learned the hard way as a new wrestler. When I came out tentative, passive and scared, I got worked. I would focusing on how strong my opponent looked or how much experience he has.
I probably had 400+ matches in my career and it wasn’t until match 100 that I was able to develop good wrestling body language, focusing on positive thoughts and what I do well. I started my own pre-match routine to focus my mind and settle my nerves.
Here are some important points mentioned in the podcast:
- You have to have great body language than your opponent.
- Whether you are winning or losing, your body language should be the same.
- Focus on the things you are good at, not focusing on your opponent.
- Go out there with the attitude that you are going to win.
- Scouting your opponent can make you think too much about your opponent.
- You need to develop a pre-match routine.
Good Luck and Enjoy!